Reading Auto Services » Severe Driving
You don't mean ME, right? Severe Driving in Reading
Owner's manuals have schedules for preventive maintenance. Reading can check on things like oil changes, transmission service and so on. They say you should change your oil every so many kilometers or after so many months. Reading understand this very well. What they may not know is that there are actually two service schedules: the regular schedule and the severe service schedule. The mileage and time intervals are lower on the severe service schedule.
Now when you hear “severe service”, you may think it doesn't apply to you because you don't feel your driving conditions are severe or extreme – it's just normal everyday driving. So let's list some of the conditions that classify as severe so that Reading can make the judgment on their own driving.
- Most trips are less than six kilometers.
- Most trips are less than fifteen kilometers and outside Reading temperatures are below freezing
- You drive in very hot weather in PA
- Driving at low speed most of the time around the Reading area (under 90 kph)
- Stop and go driving
- Operating your vehicle in dusty, polluted or muddy Reading conditions
- You tow a trailer, regularly carry heavy loads or carry a car-top carrier
Most of us Reading operate under severe driving conditions at least some of the time. How do we know which car maintenance schedule to follow?
Carefully think about your driving conditions and decide if you should do your preventive maintenance closer to the severe service recommendation or the regular recommendation. Of course, your friendly and knowledgeable Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions can help you with your decision.